Wednesday 16 December 2009

Ice



And now, and now you go
into the snow, into the storm of snow.
And now, and now you say
we end today, we end our love today.

But I won’t let you leave me
out here, in the cold, winter night
where tears, running down, turn to ice.
Hiding, me away, from your sight,
you say, we’re to high, of a price

And the best for us depends on you
taking the warmth away,
And leaving only cold behind
to remind me of your stay

And now, and now I cry.
Please tell me why, you never told me why.
And now, and now I know.
Died long ago, our love died long ago.

But I won’t let you hurt me.
I must, must have known, all along.
Its time, I move on, make a vow,
And learn, learn to heal, to be strong.
No one, will I let, hurt me now.

And the best for my life depends on
thawing the pain away,
and letting Flowers grow from Ice,
making the most of the day.

(Flickr CMM Photostream)

No comments: